We are thrilled that we get to celebrate NASPA’s 100 conference with you in Philadelphia- America’s most historic city. Philadelphia is filled with many “first” and “originals” and our colleges and universities have certainly made an impact. The Philadelphia region has over 80 colleges and universities with a comprehensive regional initiative aimed at attracting, educating and retaining students. With all the regional schools to choose from, we looked at the firsts and the innovated. Our tour will provide you a glimpse at higher education history, hear success stories around diversity & inclusion, international student support, military connected and veterans affairs, and see for yourself Philly’s impressive community college, four year private, four year public and HBCU institutions. Our tour is one not to miss. Here’s a few highlights:
- Tour Houston Hall at the University of Pennsylvania- the first student union in the country.
- Catch a glimpse of the location where the first computer was created in 1946 at Moore School of Electrical Engineering and pass by the famous Penn Relay location- the largest and oldest track and field event in the US which began in 1895.
- Tour the national leader in cooperative education program student services, at Drexel Univeristy. Learn how architects repurposed various locations for creative study space.
- Visit the largest public institution of higher education in Philadelphia who have served more than 685,000 students with 80% of their students working and contributing to Philadelphia region Community College of Philadelphia
- Visit a newly renovated Atrium and Food Court at Temple University, Howard Gittis Student Center and learn why this is the living room of the campus.
- Hear from Lincoln University, the nation’s first degree-granting Historically Black College and University (BCU) chartered in 1854.
- Learn about Widener University’s new Common Ground Initiative which raises the bar on respectful, civil discourse.
And if that isn’t enough, we will provide insight on local attractions, provide you breakfast, lunch and a snack and if you are still wondering if the tour can get any better- you will receive a commemorative gift bag.
Come, spend the day with us and explore higher education in Philadelphia!